The United States of America is very rich in water resources and fish. Tourists can always count on sea or ocean fishing because you can fish in different natural areas, but always with the requirements of local legislation.
Fishing in the United States is a pleasure that requires compulsory licensing. Attempting to fish without permits, in the event of a collision with the inspector supervising the waters, can lead to a large fine in the best case, and to imprisonment in the worst one.
Each state has its own laws and types of licenses for fishing, so first, you have to learn all the nuances of the place chosen for fishing. But the general rules allow you to get permission to fish for a year, a week or just one day.
A license to fish can easily be obtained anywhere in the country, as long as you meet certain requirements. But Walmart remains one of the most popular locations for purchasing a fishing license. The biggest plus is that you can obtain a fishing permit at any time of Walmart regular working hours. Everything you need to do is just to find the nearest store to your place.ONE3 Concept A Fishing Baitcasting Reel
What is the cost of Walmart fishing license?
There is no a fixed price for a fishing license in Walmart as it usually depends on various factors: your age, resident status, a period of the license validity, a range of fish species, and others.
But here are the main price indications for purchasing a fishing permit:
- A resident will have to pay approximately 19USD for a license to fish in his home state. This fee is meant mainly for people of age between 16 and 65
- A 24-hour fishing license will cost about 11 USD irrespective of your residential status
- The cost of an annual fishing license in Walmart makes roughly 40 USD. But be sure to check the regulations of the state you are going to fish in. In order to be allowed to catch some fish species, you need to pay an extra fee.
- A 3-days fishing permission for tourists has a price of 19 USD.
Each state has its own procedure for issuing fishing licenses in the US. So every Walmart store will sell fishing permits only for the state where it is located. A final fishing license price at Walmart will match the price indicated in the Fishing guide of a relevant state. Generally, you will find a number of options including resident, non-resident, combos, saltwater and freshwater, duration. For each option, there will be a different fee. So the price will be changing depending on your choice.
The expiring date of annual fishing licenses is different in each state regardless of the date of purchase.Organized Fishing Round Spinning Rod Rack
Documents required for purchasing a fishing license.
When buying a fishing license, you need to be ready to provide certain documents which would confirm your identity and residential status.
You may submit the following:
- A valid ID card
- A driving license
- An official document proving you are residing in the state.
Non-residents can also buy a fishing license in any state but they will have to pay a bit higher price.Berkley X9 Braided Fishing Line
The ways to obtain Walmart fishing license
- Online. This is one of the fastest and most convenient ways to get a fishing license. You just need to order it online providing your identifying documents, then pay for it by a bank card and just print it out.
- By phone. Some states offer the possibility to order a fishing license by phone. You have to advise your personal information and details of your bank card.
- In person. An easy way to purchase your fishing license while shopping. But be ready to prove your identity and residency.
- By mail. In case you are not able to buy a fishing license in any of the above-listed ways, you are still able to apply for it by mail.