Connecticut, in the Northeast USA, is know for fishing along it’s lakes, streams, and coastal waterways including Long Island Sound! While Connecticut only has 20 miles of coastline, it is well know for it’s excellent striped bass and bluefish fishing. Travel to the inland waterways and you’ll find lakes, streams, and ponds stocked with trout, perch, and pike. Connecticut is small, but the fishing is great! Below is your guide to Connecticut fishing license cost, license and where to buy.
Gear Tip: My recommended saltwater fishing rod to catch those bass!
Connecticut fishing license cost.
In Connecticut, you are can either get an Inland or Marine fishing license. Both are required if you want to fish here.
Inland Fishing Licenses
- Resident Inland Fishing – $28 age 18-64, $14 age 16-17
- Resident All Waters fishing – $32 age 18-64, $16 age 16-17
- Trout and Salmon Stamp – $5 age 18-64, $3 age 16-17
- Resident Senior Citizen Inland fishing – Free age 65 and older
- Nonresident Season Inland fishing – $55
- Nonresident Season All Waters fishing – $63
- Nonresident Three Day Inland fishing – $22
Marine Waters Fishing Licenses
- Resident Marine Waters Fishing – $10 age 18-64, $5 age 16-17
- Resident One Day Marine Waters fishing – $5 age 18-64, $3 age 16-17
- Resident all waters fishing – $32 age 18-64, $16 age 16-17
- Resident Senior Citizen Marine fishing – Free age 65 and older
- Nonresident Marine Waters fishing – $15
- Nonresident Three Day Marine Waters fishing – $8
Note that all licenses are required for anyone 16 years of age or older
Buying fishing license in Walmart.
You may easily buy a fishing license in the nearest Walmart store. You will just need to fill in an application, pay for the chosen variant of fishing license and provide your driving license to prove your residency status. The Walmart fishing license price for a Walmart fishing license Ct will be roughly the same as listed in the local fishing guide. Fishing license Walmart cost can be found here.
Fishing licenses can be also obtained online in Connecticut. You will need to create a personal account, provide your identifying documents and pay the cost of the license. Then the printed copy is ready to be used as valid permission.
A license can also be bought through any DEEP office or store and designated vendors. List here.
Enjoy fishing in Connecticut!
Super helpful! Thanks
Great info… 65 & older fishing license is free!!!
You are welcome!