Alabama, in the South East USA, is full of waterways. More than 123 thousand kilometers of rivers flow here. They flow from the forts of the Appalachians into the Gulf of Mexico, experiencing all the vagaries of the local climate, one of the most unstable on our planet. Alabama has abundant waterways for freshwater fishing and there are saltwater fishing opportunities on the coast. No matter what kind of fishing you enjoy, Alabama has it. But as everywhere in the USA you need to have a valid fishing permit to be able to go fishing.
Alabama fishing license cost.
This state will offer you a sport fishing license or a commercial fishing license. There is a number of options for your fishing package permission and the final price will depend mainly upon your choice.
The following types of fishing licenses are in high demand:
- Freshwater yearly fishing license – 13.55 USD
- Saltwater annual fishing permit – 23.80 USD
- Spearfishing – 6.00 USD
- Saltwater 7-day trip – 9.95 USD
- Freshwater Fishing License: $13.30
- Resident 64 Lifetime License: $13.30 for freshwater; $23.35 for saltwater
- Wildlife Heritage License: $11
- Wirebasket Fishing: $6 in Coffee County, $2 in all other counties
- Lifetime Freshwater or Saltwater Fishing: Prices vary
Optional 65+ Freshwater Fishing: $13.30
- 100% Physically Disabled Resident Freshwater Fishing License: $3
- Disabled Freshwater Fishing License Military Veteran’s
- Appreciation: $3.10
- Disabled Freshwater Fishing 3-Day Event License: $100
- Non-Resident Annual: Varies by state of residence. Resident Commercial Freshwater Fishing License: $100 (non-resident prices vary)
- Saltwater Fishing License: Fees vary according to state of residence and type of fishing; prices range from $6 to $90.10
Fishing in salt waters is also possible only with official fishing permission. You may choose an annual fishing permit or a short period one just for a trip.
The selection of fishing permits is very wide and all details you can check directly on the official site of Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
Note that all annual licenses are in force only til the end of August of the current year.
Buying fishing license in Walmart.
You may easily buy a Walmart fishing license Alabama in the nearest Walmart store. You will just need to fill in an application, pay for the chosen variant of fishing permission and provide your driving license to prove your residency status. The prices for the license in Walmart will be roughly the same as listed in the local fishing guide.
Fishing licenses can be also obtained online in Alabama. You will need to create a personal account, provide your identifying documents and pay the cost of the license. Then the printed copy is ready to be used as valid permission.
A license can also be bought through any WFF District Office, County Probate Office/License Commissioner, regional agents (including most sporting good shops in Alabama).
List of Agents by City
HENRY COUNTY PROBATE OFFICE
101 COURT SQUARE, SUITE A
DICK’S SPORTING GOODS
200 S COLONIAL DRIVE
WAL-MART # 423
630 COLONIAL PROMENADE PKWY
CHEAHA STATE PARK
19679 HWY 281